Support Aide- CT Scan- Per Diem
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
- Assists with preparation for patient's discharge (e.g., check belongings, get wheelchair & escort patient out).
- Seeks assistance as needed from appropriate resources and recognizes the need for emergency intervention.
- Promotes learning for colleagues and self, functions as a preceptor.
- Proactively identifies risk to patient safety and identifies opportunities to reduce medical/health care errors (i.e., appropriate reporting of errors/incidents).
- Identifies ethical issues and reports them to the RN.
- Reports in a timely manner to the primary RN the patient's complaint of pain.
- Transports patients to & from different areas of hospital safely and efficiently.
- Assists the staff in trasferring patients to and from stretchers, wheelchairs, etc.
- Maintains and restocks supplies & equipment (e.g., gloves, oxygen tanks, wheelchairs, stretchers, etc.) and precaution carts.
- Reports malfunctioning equipment.
- Supports hourly rounding in the department.
- Incorporates the 4Ps during rounding - Pain, Potty, Positioning, Personal Possessions.
- Assists in maintaining an orderly, clutter-free and clean environment.
- Aheres to Infection Control policies.
- Deliver and pick up of supplies, meds, labs, etc. to and from other departments.
Physical Requirements: Exerts up to 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Frequently reaches (extending hands and arms in any direction), and handles (seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or working with hands). Occasionally stoops (bending the body downward and forward by bending the spine at the waist), and kneels (bending the legs at the knee to come to rest on knee or knees).
Important COVID message
Please note, Holy Family hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.