Ultrasound Tech - PRN
For more than a century, Salt Lake Regional Medical Center has provided has provided high-quality healthcare for residents of the Salt Lake Valley. Conveniently located near the heart of the city, this historic hospital remains one of the most trusted medical centers in all of Utah. Today you’ll find the most advanced medical technology in a world-class facility, a staff committed to staying on the leading edge of healthcare and patients who still find the kind of comfort and caring for which Salt Lake Regional always has been known.
Some areas of expertise include: Emergency Medicine, Heart Care, Cancer Care, Women’s Health, Men’s Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health among others.
- The Ultrasound Technologist performs quality diagnostic exams on all age groups following established policies and procedures.
- Must have at least 1 year of hospital sonography experience.
- Must be flexible regarding working hours and willing to be on standby and take calls.
- Performs functions necessary to produce quality diagnostic ultrasound images.
- Monitors equipment operations and reports unresolved equipment problems.
- Treats patients and customers with courtesy and respect.
- Qualified Candidate must posses Rad Tech licensure meeting state requirements, must be ARRT certified.
- Current BLS (CPR) issued by American Red Cross or American Heart Association. Uploading a copy of your current BLS card to your application is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with and ability to use selected equipment.
- Ability to utilize the principles, theories, practices, techniques and methods of sonography in order to produce images of high diagnostic quality.
- Understands anatomy so as to direct the beam (or appropriate imaging source) in the most effective manner.
- Knowledgeable of appropriate studies to perform for the patient's diagnosis.
- Demonstrates the ability to use proper screening methods of patients to avoid potential injury.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations in a calm and appropriate fashion.
- Knowledge of patient positioning based on type of study.
- Prefer breast experience and breast certification.
Steward Health Care is an equal opportunity employer
Salt Lake Regional Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff