Vascular Tech Rad Unit
A vascular procedures technologist utilizes ionizing x-ray equipment and works directly with the radiologist to perform interventional procedures and produce images of patients’ internal organs for the diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. A vascular procedures technologist must be able to accurately interpret the physician’s orders, administer contrast materials, prepare and operate the x-ray equipment and position the patient to capture the appropriate images. Staff in this position effectively interact with patients, hospital employees, managers, and other health team members while maintaining established professional standards. Also participates in performance improvement activities and performs other imaging tasks or duties as assigned.
- Completion of an AMA approved school of radiology technology
- Two years as a Diagnostic Radiology Technologist.
- Must have an understanding of radiographic and angiography techniques and equipment.
- Current Louisiana License,
- American Registry of Radiology Technologists
- BLS Healthcare Provider Status required within 30 days of hire