Accounts Payable Associate
Provides direct support for processing the day-to-day vendor payments and check requests.
• Scans P.O. documents into On-Base software on a daily basis
• Utilizing On-Base and MEDITECH, indexes all P.O. invoices with P.O. number, invoice number, date, and amount
• Interacts with Senior P.O. Lead for all exceptions for resolution
• Functions as a member of the A/P team in completing other various duties required in the department
• Promotes, models,and oversees the mission and values of Steward Health Care
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to multi-task and willingness to learn new skills
• Ability to type approximately fifty words per minute
• Demonstrated experience with general ledger account reconciliations, including month end closing processes and general knowledge of accounting principles
• Experience in an electronic A/P processing environment/multi-location company preferred
• Team-oriented individual that can focus on details
• Ability to deal effectively with tight month end closing process.
• Education: Associate's degree preferred.
• Experience (Type & Length): 1+ years' experience A/P processing.
• Software/Hardware: Meditech; Proficient with Excel spreadsheets to develop account reconciliations.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal ability to furnish information. 41 CFR 630-1.35.