Call Center Agent
The SMG Primary Care Call Center Agent will appropriately gather information from patients in order to schedule appointments, process referrals, prepare prescription refills, and obtain basic clinical information. This position will also perform other duties as required by the manager in regard to appointment reminder calls, pre-visit planning, and rescheduling appointments as required.
- Answer patient telephone calls coming into the Primary Care Call Center using defined protocols and obtain necessary and required information from the patient in order to process the call.
- Determine the patient’s primary reason for calling and process the call following documented protocols and best practices.
- Follow documented scheduling notes/preferences for each practice and provider.
- Follow SMG Best Practices by following pre-visit planning protocols to confirm patient insurance eligibility and contacting patients with upcoming appointments that have not confirmed through other means,
- Responsible for timely, efficient and accurate documentation in the electronic medical record.
- Interact with Practice staff and providers to communicate and work cooperatively regarding patient care and coordination.
- Obtain post hospital and transitional care patient lists and proactively schedule these patients per protocol to be seen by their primary care provider (preferably within three to five days) or one to two weeks (minimally),
- Maintain an updated list for each provider of Medicare Annual Wellness patients and proactively schedule patients as openings become available.
- Assist in chronic care management as needed and/or requested for telephonic appointments with advanced practitioners.
- Provide patients with World Class service.
- Act professionally and treat patients, co-workers, and leadership with respect always.
- Maintains a positive work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, associate degree preferred
- Call Center experience in a health care setting preferred
- Athena and Meditech experience preferred
- Knowledge of health care and or related products, medical terminology, insurance products, and coordination of benefits
- Ability to evaluate situations and escalate issues appropriately
- Ability to bring tasks to completion in a manner satisfactory to all
- Ability to communicate with others effectively in a concise manner to bring issues effectively to resolution
- Ability to multitask, and ability to follow through with our patients
- Experience with Excel, Word and Outlook required
- Organizational, time management skills
- Ability to think globally about the patient experience
- Effective verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Creative, flexible, and self-motivated
- Ability to relate positively with patients, coworkers, management and providers
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 147329