Administrative Assistant- 40hrs/wk days
Administrative Assistant- Care Management- Full-time 40hrs/wk, day shift, Mon-Fri 8a-4:30p, weekends and holidays required as needed.
We are fighting for a healthier world and a new era of wellness!
Nearly a decade ago, we set out to build an entirely different kind of health care company from the ground up—one that unlocks access to affordable, high-quality, and economically sustainable care and wellness in ways never imagined. Today, we are one of the largest private, physician-led health care networks—caring for millions of people across the U.S. Our transformative, fully integrated model represents a new beginning for America’s health care system and others around the world.
We have hospitals across 7 states serving over 800 communities, with more than 43,000 employees. We are ushering in a new day of world class health care. From renowned pediatricians, sports medicine specialists and cardiac surgeons to state-of-the-art hospitals, urgent care centers and medical practices, we can offer easier access to high-quality affordable health care to people nationwide — when they need it and where they want it.
St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center, a Boston University Teaching Hospital, provides patients and families access to some of Boston’s most respected physicians and advanced treatments offering specialized care, including:
- Advanced Center for Cardiac Surgery
- da Vinci® Robotic surgery program; Mako Robotic-Arm Assisted Surgery
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Award-winning bariatric surgery program
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center
- State-of-the-art emergency care with short wait times
Our medical staff, made up of some of the highest rated physicians in Boston, treats patients in our community practices in neighborhoods, including Allston, Boston, Brighton, Brookline, Newton, Watertown and Weston.
- Grow with a health system that supports career advancement
- Competitive Pay & Salary Increases
- Employee Referral Program
- Locations close to home, that support work-life balance
- Affordable Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401k via Fidelity, for eligible employees, with company match
- Tuition Assistance / Reimbursement
- Family atmosphere and team approach that provides flexibility
- Opportunities to grow your career, and not change your employer
- And much more!
Job Summary –
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting and coordinating administrative tasks required for the department as well as supporting patient discharges. This position is also to act as liaison between outside groups and the Department including communication and paperwork sent to and from insurance companies and post-acute care providers, eg. SNF, Home Care, DME, etc. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the mailings and faxing to government agencies as required by their regulations. The Administrative Assistant will support the Department Manager/Director by maintaining key financial and clinical statistics and databases as directed by senior leadership of the Hospital.
- Two years in acute care setting
- Two years as an Administrative Assistant or related.
- Decision making skills to make independent decisions, and best way to handle tasks.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to be able to support the personnel on the care management team
- Answers phones and directs phone calls to right person
- Greets visitors from companies that come in to explain our services
- Organize and schedule appointments with facilities, HHC, VNA, Rehab for lunch and learn presentations
- Schedule appointments and maintain calendars
- Collate and distribute any mail
- Prepares communications such as memos, emails, invoices, reports, and other correspondence
- Write and edit communications, from letters to reports and instructional documents
- Maintain filing system electronic and paper
- Maintains denials and additional clinical and gets the info to the proper person
- Maintains daily schedule and sends it out every morning
- Perform bookkeeping as needed and manage accounts as needed
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.