Administrative Assistant - Nutrition Clinic - 32 Hours - Day Shift
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion, and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
- Position Function:
- Provides administrative support to department chief.
- Responsible for all activities related to managing and coordinating to the Division Chief's office.
- To act as liaison between physician's office related to duties and SEMC.
- Making decisions whenever required using professional judgment.
- To manage all chief office related assignments.
- To establish contact between physicians and patients on a permanent basis.
- To handle patient related issues according to office policy.
- Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- "Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards."
- Coordinator for weekly payroll processing for division employees.
- Responsible for JCAHO documentation, collection, filing related to dialysis services provided to nursing home patients.
- Coordinator of weekly laboratory tests for pharmaceutical sponsored clinical research trials.
- Managed care liaison between physician's office and manage care organizations, responsibilities include the following:
- Contract processing.
- New policy and procedures update and maintenance of healthcare management organization member’s information.
- Preparation and organization of scientific material for publication.
- Consult service coordinator.
- Maintenance of daily MD's appointments regarding patients, physicians.
- Overseeing medical conferences from the division
- Responsible for processing monthly record keeping and updating of individual patients treatments.
- Responsible for scheduling of the following patient related procedures
- Admission for medical evaluation.
- Responsible for maintenance professional documentation (medical license, DEA application, malpractice insurances, etc.).
- Responsible for patient follow-up regarding any changes in medication, diet or any issues related to their health status.
- Responsible for physician's office and organization and accurate billing procedures.
- Organization and maintenance of patient charts, laboratory test results processing.
- Responsible for obtaining patients' vital signs during office visits.
- Calling in prescriptions to patient's pharmacies.
- Coordinate orientation to new medical students, fellows, and secretaries to the division.
- Coordinator for upkeep on various office equipment and exam room equipment.
- Minimum Education: Two years college/business school preferred
- Minimum Experience: Two years office administrative skills and experience.
- Minimum skills/abilities: Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Training: Previous office administrative skills and experience in Microsoft word.
Important COVID message
Please note, St. Elizabeth's Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled, and professional way.