Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the administrative assistant will provide administrative support to ensure efficient and effective day–to-day functioning of department. Adheres to the highest standards of professional values and work ethic, while furthering the company mission. He/she upholds confidentiality toward patient/families, colleagues, sensitive situations arising within the department as a whole.
- Proactively manage a complex calendar of internal meetings, external meetings, and events with utmost attention to accuracy and timeliness
- CGM Billing, Out Patient Billing, CCM Billing
- Referrals for department Doctors
- Payroll requests for moonlighters
- Answer department phones in a customer friendly and welcoming manner per the policy of Steward Medical Group
- Perform all clerical and secretarial services including typing, photocopying and mail sorting
- Assist in special projects as requested
- Attend department meetings
- Perform other duties as requested
- Maintain confidentiality of patient information per HIPAA
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Proficient with of a variety of software programs including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- The ability to successfully multitask projects is required
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Well-developed communication and personal relations skills with the ability to interact with staff, physicians, and the public with empathy, sincerity, and a sense of caring
- Highly organized and able to effectively manage a number of tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work well with all levels of personnel
- Ability to prioritize and manage several projects with demanding workloads.
- Ability to work independently
- Proven ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
About Steward Health Care System:
Steward Health Care’s physician-led model was created to provide patient’s access to the highest-quality care at a sustainable cost, providing personalized, and coordinated ongoing medical services that positively impact patients’ physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
Founded in 2010, Steward Health Care is the nation’s largest accountable care organization (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through its network of hospitals, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, and behavioral health services. Steward received a perfect 100% quality rating by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Service’s (CMS) Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) in 2020.
Based in Dallas, Steward is the largest private, physician-led health care network and currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.