Administrative Coordinator Nursing - Nursing Administration - 36 hrs/wk - Days/Nights, Every 3rd Weekend, Holidays
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion, and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
I. Position Function:
- This is an Administrative Management position that represents Nursing Administration.
- As the senior nursing administrative person on-site, this person assesses the overall hospital environment and operations.
- The Administrative Coordinator is accountable to problem sole for the organization and for initiating immediate, effective action.
II. Job Relationships:
- Maintains a collaborative relationship with Patient Care Managers, and other hospital managers.
- Supervises the following staff by job category:
- Clinical Leader
- Charge Nurse
- Registered Nurse
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Unit Secretary
- Nursing Assistants/Patient Care Associates
- Mental Health Workers
- ED Techs
- To problem solve for the organization and initiating immediate, effective action.
- To communicate pertinent information to the senior administrator-on-call and/or nursing administrator-on-call.
- To determine allocation of nursing resources during tour of duty.
- To re-allocate use, and/or rent/lease equipment for patient care.
- To suspend personnel within guidelines established by the Medical Center.
- To expedite patient flow within the Medical Center.
IV. Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- "Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards."
- Interprets and implements hospital policies established by St. Elizabeth's Medical Center.
- Serves as a resource to Medical Center departments in the implementation of necessary disciplinary actions.
- Keeps Medical Center and Nursing Administrator-on-call apprised of administrative issues.
- Participates in planning and allocating the resources of the division and assists in the distribution of resources within each unit.
- Participates in contract compliance and ongoing labor relations.
- Participates in hospital and nursing committees.
- Makes administrative decisions within budgetary requirements.
- Implements disciplinary actions within the Medical Center guidelines.
- Participates in strategic planning, goal setting and evaluation.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Documents and communicates to administrator issues involving other hospital departments during one’s tour of duty.
- Facilitates conflict resolution through communication to appropriate parties and documentation when and if necessary.
- Establishes professional goals for own department.
- Minimum Education:
- BSN required/MSN preferred.
- Minimum Experience:
- Minimum of five years nursing experience.
- Minimum skills/abilities:
- Proven experience and leadership ability in management and clinical practice.
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing in the English language.
- Able to complete mathematical computations required to administer medications and treatment protocols.
- Able to lift, transfer, and move patients.
- Current Massachusetts RN registration.
- BLS – Required
- ACLS - Required