About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
***Admitting Clerk 24hrs/Days & Evenings
- Accurately identifies patient and correctly selects patient’s MRN if applicable with no known errors.
- Accurately requests and inputs all required patient demographics and healthcare information into the Registration Module, in a timely and efficient manner, reviewing health insurance cards and at the same time demonstrating a complete knowledge of and the ability to apply the Registration policies and procedures.
- Standard: Registrations are completed accurately and timely (<5 mins for pre-registered or known patients. <10 mins for new patients) with no complaints about timeliness of completion and less than a 3% error rate in accuracy in a year.
- Reviews health insurance information with patient and accurately inputs that information into the Registration Module If applicable notifies patient of any
- Co-payment responsibility and processes the collected co-payment according to the department’s policy & procedure.
- Determines health insurance eligibility when applicable by inputting patients’ health insurance policy numbers into P.O.S. devices or on Web Sites. Makes any corrections necessary to the data collected at the time of registration.
- Ensures that the hospital’s policy regarding consents to treat is followed consistently.
- Standard: Consents are signed by patient/guardian and witnessed by registrar prior to treatment when applicable 100% of the time
- Alerts clinical departments of any special needs a patient may have that may not have been previously noted. Sends messages to the Pre Cert Department on all added cases.
- Consistently asks patients about the existence of a Healthcare Proxy. Distributes information regarding HIPAA. When applicable updates the information in the Registration module.
- Completes tasks which may be assigned by Charge Person, Supervisor or Director in order to meet the Department’s goals.
- Standard: All assignments are completed by the end of shift when applicable.
- Completes Competency Exam annually.
- Standard: Score of 70-90%
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS:
- Is cooperative in interactions, treating customers with courtesy, respect and compassion.
- Is patient when responding to questions and answers questions appropriately.
- Responds to requests in a timely manner.
- Handles interruptions in a skillful way.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strives to prevent/resolve customer concerns to the customer’s satisfaction.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Above average typing skills.
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Previous experience in reception/office or healthcare registration.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.