We are looking to add a Per Diem Admitting Clerk to join our fast-paced Patient Access Department within Morton Hospital located in the heart of Taunton, MA. We are a community health hospital who pride ourselves in providing exceptional care to meet our community’s needs. We proudly wear our “Morton Blues” and are the “hub” of healthcare for our region. We service not just our immediate Taunton residents’ needs but also surrounding towns treating all like family. That is what we strive for here at Morton – “Our Family, Caring for Yours”. This is not just our motto but our promise. So if you are looking to make a difference in the care you provide and to care for your patients as you would your own family member, apply today to this exciting opportunity.
- Accurately identifies patient and correctly selects patient’s MRN if applicable with no known errors.
- Accurately requests and inputs all required patient demographics and healthcare information into the Registration Module, in a timely and efficient manner, reviewing health insurance cards and at the same time demonstrating a complete knowledge of and the ability to apply the Registration policies and procedures.
- Standard: Registrations are completed accurately and timely (<5 mins for pre-registered or known patients. <10 mins for new patients) with no complaints about timeliness of completion and less than a 3% error rate in accuracy in a year.
- Reviews health insurance information with patient and accurately inputs that information into the Registration Module If applicable notifies patient of any
- Co-payment responsibility and processes the collected co-payment according to the department’s policy & procedure.
- Determines health insurance eligibility when applicable by inputting patients’ health insurance policy numbers into P.O.S. devices or on Web Sites. Makes any corrections necessary to the data collected at the time of registration.
- Ensures that the hospital’s policy regarding consents to treat is followed consistently.
- Standard: Consents are signed by patient/guardian and witnessed by registrar prior to treatment when applicable 100% of the time
- Alerts clinical departments of any special needs a patient may have that may not have been previously noted. Sends messages to the Pre Cert Department on all added cases.
- Consistently asks patients about the existence of a Healthcare Proxy. Distributes information regarding HIPAA. When applicable updates the information in the Registration module.
- Completes tasks which may be assigned by Charge Person, Supervisor or Director in order to meet the Department’s goals.
- Standard: All assignments are completed by the end of shift when applicable.
- Completes Competency Exam annually.
- Standard: Score of 70-90%
Management of Time and Resources:
- Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame.
- Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
- Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
- Is reliable in respect to attendance.
- Is Reliable in respect to punctuality.
- Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes.
- Is part of a team effort to insure quality services.
- Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns.
- Produces quality results.
- Continually strives to improve the quality of work.
- Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS:
- Is cooperative in interactions, treating customers with courtesy, respect and compassion.
- Is patient when responding to questions and answers questions appropriately.
- Responds to requests in a timely manner.
- Handles interruptions in a skillful way.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strives to prevent/resolve customer concerns to the customer’s satisfaction.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Is responsible for ongoing development of his/her work skills through the use of available resources (i.e.: in-services, formal educational programs, other work groups and on-the-job training).
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and in-services and/or reviews documentation as required.
- Assists in the orientation of others and actively participates in mentoring.
- Performs analytical and decision making functions with minimal supervision.
- Recognizes and seeks assistance/consultation when appropriate.
- Demonstrates an understanding of relative Hospital and all-departmental policies and procedures including safety issues.
- Possesses awareness of programs/services provided by Hospital and where they are located.
- Above average typing skills. Familiarity with medical terminology
- Previous experience in healthcare registration.