Under the direction and supervision of the Clinical Nurse, Anesthesia Technician prepares, for use during operating procedures, all anesthesia supplies and equipment. Performs a variety of basic technical procedures such as identifying equipment malfunctions, troubleshooting equipment, making minor equipment adjustments and/or reporting repairs as needed. Technical procedures also include sterilizing equipment according to prescribed policies and procedures, and by using chemical sterilization machinery and techniques, and/or using manual disinfecting techniques, such as opening sterile trays, placement of EKG electrodes, probes and monitors on the patient. Assists the Physician at the bedside with intubation procedures by handling equipment or instruments, and prepping the patient’s skin for the setting up of invasive lines (IV) lines. Performs physical environment duties such as periodically checking OR suites, stocking and storage areas to ensure that clean up has taken place before and after procedures.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
One year as an Anesthesia Technician or job with relative duties.
- Anesthesia Technician Certification
- Ohmeda Equipment Certification preferred
Education & Training:
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent is required for compliance with minimum education requirements.
- Completion of an approved school for Anesthesia Technician preferred.
- Must be able to read and follow verbal and written instructions,
- Take measurements and adjust equipment, adhere to basic safety guidelines, and perform other basic duties in the OR environment
- Proficiency in surgical aseptic techniques according to AORN standards and recommended procedures.\
- Manual dexterity necessary in order to input Lab data and assist physician with IV hookup and other equipment and instrument functions
- Technical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to patient care necessary in order to efficiently communicate with Physicians and nursing staff,
- Follow directives, determine equipment, supply and patient needs within defined scope of responsibilities
- Writes and prints legibly in order to assist the Physician on request
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Employee Paid Life Insurance
- 401K w/match after 1 year of service
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Up to 20% Employee Cafeteria and Café Discount
- Discounted Tuition with affiliated University
- Inexpensive Parking
- Easy accessibility from Houston Freeways
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Ancillary Insurance
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.