Application Analyst, Population Health Applications
Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) takes pride in its community-based care model, which drives value-added tools and services to our communities, patients, physicians, and hospitals across the continuum of care. In addition, Steward Health Care Network promotes care coordination and collaboration within the network in order to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients. With Steward in the community, all residents can be sure that there is a world class doctor close to where they live.
The network is also responsible for the implementation and execution of our managed care contracts, medical management services, quality improvement programs, data analysis, and information services.
Position Purpose: Steward is at the forefront of transitioning from volume to value-based care and has an established track record of success in managing the health risk of our populations. Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) is seeking motivated candidates with previous professional experience in software application support (ideally healthcare) and a strong desire to learn. The Application Analyst will be responsible for the day-to-day application systems support for population health applications utilized within SCHN. This position reports directly to the Product Manager, Provider and Member Applications.
- Serve as subject matter expert and provide support for applications in use by Steward teams including Provider Enrollment, Patient Population, and executive leadership
- Support SHCN application development lifecycle including implementation, training, change requests, integrations, and enhancements
- Primary contact person for application related support requests, user security and management
- Constant evaluation of all current applications to suggest enhancement ideas, or identify defects and other inefficiencies
- Review state and federal guidelines to ensure internal applications adhere to evolving requirements
- Apply strong writing skills to maintain user-facing documentation, provide answers to frequently asked questions, create guides on application use, and document technical processes for a non-technical audience
- Facilitate communication between business stakeholders and technical development teams, and ensure appropriate teams are informed of any application update, modification, or defect resolution that impacts their work
- Prior project management experience with small to medium-sized projects
- Comfortable working independently on multiple projects by utilizing strong time-management skills
- Utilize a strong technical background to rapidly become proficient with new software applications
- Able to analyze data to establish facts and draw valid conclusions to clearly define application-related enhancements, gaps, or defects
- Able to schedule, track and perform routine maintenance tasks in multiple applications
- Utilize strong communication skills to translate technical information to non-technical teams
- Comfortable leading internal team training either in-person, or remotely through screenshare/headset audio
- Familiarity with Quality Measure programs and/or Population Health is desirable
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Bachelors’ Degree preferred
Years of Experience:
- 1 - 3 years’ experience in an Analyst role within a health care organization
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in application support, troubleshooting, and direct end user and super user support
- 1 – 3 years’ experience managing end user access and documenting and/or following end user access policies
- 1 – 3 years’ experience with managing large populations of end users (internal and external) for multiple applications
- 1 – 3 years’ experience implementing applications (preferably in a health care organization)
- Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), Population Health-related applications desired (not required), Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management applications, Business Intelligence, analytics, and reporting Tools
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Health Care Network is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.