Assistant Nurse Manager (ANM) - RN- Same Day Surgery- OR- Ambulatory
Responsible for assuring that department staffing meets the acuity needs of the patients and remains within available resources. Manages staff in the Department and provides consultative services in operational and nursing activities to all nursing departments. Consults with staff, physicians, and the leadership team on issues and interpretation of policies to ensure patient needs are met. Evaluate and monitor the skills of Agency /Temporary staff. Participate in quality and process improvement in the department during all phases from planning to implementation and evaluation, including taking corrective action if other employees fail to carry out delegated duties. Serves as Service Administrator for electronic staffing and scheduling systems.
- Completion of RN program with ADN, diploma, or BSN degree, and at least five years’ experience including experience directly related to clinical staffing functions.
- Nursing Manager experience is preferred.
- Current license with the Utah State Board of Nursing (or eligible to obtain).
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English. Additional languages preferred.
- Current BLS (CPR) issued by American Red Cross or American Heart Association Healthcare Provider.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Technical, clerical, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills relevant to total patient care/area in order to safely and efficiently treat patients.
- Good verbal and written communication skills necessary in order to be clearly and easily understood by patients, families, and members of the Health Care team.
- Writes/prints legibly in order to document accurately and understandably, and to provide direction to support staff and others.
- Demonstrates a pleasant, helpful and caring demeanor in order to be an effective patient advocate
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, and more.
Steward Health Care is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran