Assistant, Physical Therapy
Join us at Holy Family Hospital
Not many healthcare professionals have the opportunity to build a career with a great job and robust benefits while also caring for friends, family and neighbors. You can when you work at Holy Family Hospital in Methuen and Haverhill. As part of the Steward Health Care System, our goal is to offer low-cost, high-quality healthcare to the people who live and work near our hospital, so they don’t have to travel far for great care.
Our two campuses in Methuen and Haverhill have a total of 320 beds and we are a full service, acute care hospital offering comprehensive inpatient medical/surgical units, outpatient care, and 24/7 emergency services. We have three behavioral health units, cardiac telemetry, and critical care service lines. Our Haverhill campus offers all private rooms, and our Methuen campus offers a new state-of-the-art catheterization suite and Joint Center of Excellence named as a Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Distinction+ Center for Knee and Hip Replacement.
Position Summary: Physical Therapy Assistant FT 40 Hours
Assists the physical therapist in various types of treatment including therapeutic exercise, mobility, and modalities. Provides care in a manner appropriate to the age of the patient.
- Instructs/educates patients/families/caregivers in the use and purpose of exercise programs, therapeutic devices and adaptive techniques that follows a documented treatment plan under the supervision of a licensed physical therapist.
- Implements physical therapy care programs or portions thereof, as planned and directed by a licensed physical therapist.
- Maintains timely and accurate documentation, including the medical record, physician communication, charges, etc.
- Consults with other members of the rehabilitation team as needed to coordinate patient care.
- Adapts/adjusts patient equipment and devices; safely and appropriately applies orthoses.
- Regularly and appropriately delegates portions of treatment programs to supportive personnel.
- Consistently demonstrates an awareness and concern for patient safety; complies with hospital infection control policies.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate with patients/families/caregivers in a professional manner, while motivating them to advance in rehabilitation.
- Actively participates on patient care and department committees.
- Regularly notifies licensed physical therapist of the patient’s performance/progress and recommends appropriate modifications/termination of treatments in a timely manner.
- Adapts or modifies treatment program to meet patients’ needs under the supervision of a licensed physical therapist.
- Regularly and appropriately instructs/educates other health team personnel in the care of the patient, including, but not limited to treatment programs/home exercises.
- Assists in selected portions of the orientation and/or training of new employees/students.
- Reacts to change productively and performs other job-related tasks and duties as assigned.
- Possesses adequate knowledge of applicable Federal and State Regulations related to the treatment setting.
- Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame.
- Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes.
- Education: Associate degree from an accredited Physical Therapy Assistant program
- Experience: - Preferred
- Certification/Licensure: current MA PTA license, BLS Required
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families, so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Shift Differential, Tuition Reimbursement, and more.
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multi-specialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers. Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristics.