Associate Network Engineer (VOIP)
The Associate Network Engineer (VOIP) is an entry level position working for Steward’s telecom department. The Associate Network Engineer (VoIP) will be responsible for managing 2nd level Help Desk tickets to resolve end user issues related to the UC environment. This positon will also be responsible for assisting in maintaining the Steward Cisco IP Telephony infrastructure. This includes analysis, and maintaining Unified Communications hardware and Unified Communications hardware configurations; supporting/troubleshooting network/system problems; coordinating with vendors for maintenance and installation of UC hardware and software, and device implementations.
The Associate Network Engineer (VoIP will work with other Network and Security Engineers, System Administrators, Systems Analysts, IS Help Desk staff, Technicians, Vendors, and Users relating to applications associated with a production-UC environment.
- 2nd level support to provide User assistance through use of Footprints ticketing system.
- Assist with installing and maintaining Unified Communications hardware and UC server configurations; supporting/troubleshooting UC problems; coordinating with vendors for installation of UC hardware and software, and assisting with project implementations.
- Follows all Steward Standards and Protocols including escalation procedure, documenting and change management guidelines.
- Keeps abreast of vendor best practices, industry trends and changes in network software and hardware technologies to improve current service levels.
- Off hours’ availability for emergencies and change windows is required.
- Performs regular on-call duties as scheduled.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Basic understanding in network and telephony design, Layer 3 switching/routing, VoIP protocols, and QoS with focus on highly availability, security, resiliency, low latency, and business continuity.
- Basic experience in telecommunication and integration with Data/Telephony system from other vendors.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to take direction.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Knowledge of network and VoIP troubleshooting techniques.
- Knowledge of Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST) architecture and best practices.
- Ability to prioritize daily work-flow.
- Ability to communicate effectively to Steward personnel, including Management and IS staff, using written and oral formats.
- Ability to plan and be proactive in approach, must possess the ability to solve problems creatively.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret applicable technical documentation, system reports, software licenses and contracts.
- Travel between the various Steward Hospitals, in Massachusetts and across the country.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Education: 2-year college program certificate, or equivalent work experience
- Experience: 2 years’ experience in a customer service focused environment, Healthcare IT preferred
- Certification/Licensure: None required; Preferred industry certifications include: CCNA, CCNP, CCIE or other Cisco certification.
- Software/Hardware: Experience with Cisco network and VOIP products is recommended. Proficiency in a scripting for UCCX is desirable. Experience with Unix (especially Linux) is desirable.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal ability to furnish information. 41 CFR 630-1.35.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.