CNA Position Summary:
- Monitors cardiac rhythms via direct cardiac screen or telemetry monitors.
- Prepares and completes records in the department.
- Maintains regulatory body requirement, policies and procedures and participates in performance improvements.
- Provides indirect care in the department setting.
- Meets communication needs
Assists patients with activities of daily living, provides basic nursing care to non-acutely ill patients and assists in maintenance of a sage and clean environment under the direction and supervision of the Department Director or Registered Nurse in charge of the team and/or unit. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span a patient; possess the ability to identify each requirement relative to his or her age specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the unit’s policies and procedures skills check lists.
· One Year of hospital CNA and/or Monitor (Telemetry) Tech experience.
· Must be Certified Nursing Assistant.
· Current BLS issued by American Red Cross or the American Heart Association Healthcare Provider.
North Shore Medical Center is proud to be a part of the Steward Health Care Network with 36 community hospitals across 9 states with more than 43,000 team members. For over 60 years, North Shore Medical Center has brought exceptional medical care to Dade and Broward counties. With 357 beds, 400-plus medical staff, and more than 700 team members, North Shore excels with its Emergency Services, General Surgery, high-risk Maternity Care, Cancer Treatment, Cardiology Services, Stroke Treatment, Diagnostic Imaging, and other top-rated services.
We are proud to offer our team members a comprehensive benefits package that supports your health as well as your financial, career, and life goals. We believe our people are our strength and we take our team member’s health seriously. From medical coverage and life insurance to retirement plans, paid time off and much more, Steward Health Care provides you with a variety of benefits for your unique needs.
Our Values and Culture: Steward Health Care is a minority, physician-owned organization that fosters, cultivates, and embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. No matter your role, being a member of the Steward family means you are making a difference every day.
We are committed to creating:
• A safe and respectful work environment. We want our team members to enjoy the same sense of care and belonging that we provide to our patients.
• Teams that celebrate, empower, and uplift people. A supportive, inclusive culture, where people flourish and thrive is one that everyone embraces and deserves.
• A culture of inclusivity and kindness. Don't just treat people how you want to be treated: treat them how they want to be treated. We believe, "If you can be anything in this world, be kind".