$3K Sign on Bonus!!!
As directed by a licensed nurse, the Psych Tech appropriately maintains patients per observation level, accurately documenting per observation log and maintains additional inventory log-books on the unit, per protocol. The Psych Tech responsibilities include sitting with patients, transportation of patients to other departments when necessary. When not sitting, the Psych Tech may also be responsible for providing basic nursing care such as bathing, linen changes, toileting and feeding if needed and responsible for simple procedures and tasks as assigned such as routine vital signs, emptying foleys, drains, etc. and maintaining a safe working environment to ensure patient's safety.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Must have High School Education. College education in health related field preferred.
- Completion of Nurse Aide/Orderly course desirable
- CNA certification preferred
- Experience in the treatment of mental health and\or chemical dependency preferred
- Must have the ability to identify and address the special needs of all patients in pertinent areas including: Adult 18 to 64 and Geriatrics 65 and above
- BLS required within 30 days of hire