Behavioral Health Therapist, full time, day shift
Performs nonprofessional nursing tasks in the care and comfort of primarily adult and geriatric adult population with both acute and chronic behavior illness. Completes tasks as assigned by the Registered Nurse (RN). Performs specific treatment procedures under the direction of the Registered Nurse. Maintains patient care areas, equipment and supplies in a clean and orderly fashion. Restock inventories and supplies to keep supplies readily available. Transfers patients to and from procedures as directed by Charge Nurse. May be needed to work beyond the regular tour of duty or in another patient care units as assigned by director, nurse manager or nurse supervisor. Conducts groups with adult and geriatric population.
Position Qualification: (Training, Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities)
- Two years experience in an acute behavioral care setting preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills in the English language.
- Visual and hearing senses must be adequate to detect changes in human physiological and psychological condition.
- Able to perform effectively in a fast paced, stressful environment.
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
- Current American Heart Association BLS certification
- Current Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) card/certificate.
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing and orally with all levels of the organization