The Benefits Advisor serves as the primary benefits expert, providing the highest levels of customer service to assigned clients. The Advisor consults and collaborates with local HR staff, employees, and managers on all aspects of benefits administration. The Advisor leverages a thorough knowledge and understanding of the system’s mission and strategy to align benefits programs with system initiatives and department objectives. The advisor assists with the administration of retirement, health and welfare employee benefit programs.
- Serves as a liaison to local Human Resources and entity employees regarding benefits policies, processes and practices.
- Assists in the development of benefit administration processes across 4 regional divisions and documents these processes as needed.
- Provides expertise and consultation regarding all benefits programs including plans specific to collective bargaining agreements; this includes interpretation, implementation and on-going administration.
- Partners with Enrollment vendor to review any issues as they arise and suggests necessary actions to remedy
- Provides the highest standards of customer service and serves as the point of contact for all clients including managers, supervisors and local HR staff.
- Evaluates data workflows to ensure efficiency and takes action to resolve when needed/necessary
- Collaborate with payroll and ensure that employer contributions and payroll deductions are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Analyzes a variety of data, composes appropriate reports for management and advises managers and supervisors in the development and implementation of action plans required based on data analysis.
- Advises HR staff and entity employees regarding policies, procedures and processes related to benefits.
- Ensures full compliance with all regulatory agency requirements and educates/coaches managers, supervisors, and staff regarding these requirements.
- Seeks out professional development opportunities and continually upgrades HR technical expertise and consultative skills.
- Conducts training programs as necessary and serves on appropriate committees as requested by members of management or HR leadership.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications, including Excel
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities within a high-pressure environment.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience: 3-5 years of benefits experience
- Certification/Licensure: Professional certification in Human Resources (PHR) strongly preferred.
- Software/Hardware: MS Office Suite
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal ability to furnish information. 41 CFR 630-1.35.