Billing Rep I
Billing Representative I – Trumbull Regional Medical Center
We are fighting for a healthier world and a new era of wellness!
Nearly a decade ago, we set out to build an entirely different kind of health care company from the ground up—one that unlocks access to affordable, high-quality, and economically sustainable care and wellness in ways never imagined. Today, we are one of the largest private, physician-led health care networks—caring for millions of people across the U.S. Our transformative, fully integrated model represents a new beginning for America’s health care system and others around the world.
We have hospitals across 7 states serving over 800 communities, with more than 43,000 employees. We are ushering in a new day of world class health care. From renowned pediatricians, sports medicine specialists and cardiac surgeons to state-of-the-art hospitals, urgent care centers and medical practices, we can offer easier access to high-quality affordable health care to people nationwide — when they need it and where they want it.
Responsible to Steward Health Care for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to Outpatient Services for processing requisitions into the billing system, generating claims, maintaining accounts receivable and handling customer billing inquires. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
- Grow with a health system that supports career advancement
- Competitive Pay & Salary Increases
- Employee Referral Program
- Locations close to home, that support work-life balance
- Affordable Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage*
- 401k via Fidelity, for eligible employees*
- Tuition Assistance / Reimbursement*
- Family atmosphere and team approach that provides flexibility
- Opportunities to grow your career, and not change your employer
- And much more!
*For eligible employees
Responsible for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to Nutrition Services for nutritional service of patient, customers, employees, and community. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
- High school graduate or GED with related experience or training in data entry and medical terminology.
- Previous experience with office equipment and secretarial duties preferred.
- Broad knowledge in billing functions, medical terminology, computer skills and customer service.
- Ability to correctly spell, file, and type 45 words per minute.
Job Responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
- Reviews and codes requisitions including, but not limited to, insurance information review, Dx review for medical necessity, descriptive Dx interpretation and coding, bill type coding, test coding, etc. Retrieves missing billing information as required for claims submission. Processes written requests and/or calls patients or doctor's offices for information as required.
- Performs data entry of requisitions into the billing system by payor type, e.g.: MC, MD, PI, secondary insurance, P.C. etc.
- Process claims and generates bills including, but not limited to, electronic claims processing, processing of Medicare tapes, paper claims (HCFA 1500), monthly client statements, re-bills, etc.
- Posts payments and manages accounts receivable. Enters payment, adjustments, write-offs and insurance denials.
- Provides direct customer services by handling patient and client telephone calls and mail inquiries related to billing.
- Performs other miscellaneous billing functions, including but not limited to preparing daily deposits, setting up new clients and standing orders, processing refunds, maintaining billing records, reports and files.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 129263