Boiler Operator - Full Time - Up to $24.24/hour & Up to $15,000 Sign On Bonus
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Continuously observes boiler pressure and water level.
- Ensures boilers are receiving proper quantities of fuel, air and water to assure safe, efficient operation.
- Ensures all boiler and support equipment operates properly.
- Monitors and makes necessary adjustments for chiller plant operation through use of energy management system.
- Cleans, adjusts, lubricates, maintains and repairs equipment such as boilers, pumps, compressors, valves, controls, piping and other equipment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
7. Perform clerical duties for Departments of Facilities Engineering.
8. Receives and processes work request; maintains records, and issues reports.
9. Maintains utility management program records and issues reports.
10 .Maintains patient care equipment as appropriate including, but not limited to repairs to nurse call systems, beds, pneumatic tube system, etc.
11. Maintains all mechanical systems including, but not limited to water, air, steam, medical gas and other types of piping systems.
12. Maintains all electrical systems including, but not limited to electrical distribution, circuit breakers, motors, lighting, receptacles and other types of electrical components.
13. Maintains buildings through carpentry skills including, but not limited to door repair, shelving installation/repair, ceiling tile replacement, handrail installation/repair, and special event maintenance..
14. Maintains building control systems through energy management system.
15. Maintains building equipment through preventive maintenance program, inspections and repairs.
16. Maintains Food Service and Linen Service equipment.
17. Follows inventory control and parts procurement procedures to ensure efficiency.
18. Maintains plumbing systems, such as toilets, drains, pipes, valves, etc.
19. Performs vehicle maintenance as needed.
20. Removes and installs miscellaneous wall items such as needle boxes, glove boxes, pictures, and other hanging items as needed.
21. Maintains and cleans work/shop areas as required by supervisor.
22. Pick-up and deliver materials as needed.
23. Painting of all areas and equipment.
24. Carry communication device for internal department needs.
25. Dispose of hazardous materials properly.
26. Maintain housekeeping/ clean-up practices while performing job tasks.
27. Maintain irrigation systems.
28. Keep roof areas clean, including roof drains and storm drains.
29. Complete daily logs, time sheets, and maintenance records.
30. Monitor utility systems, such as oxygen and fuel oil.
31. Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Completion of a college or technical training program in stationary boiler fireman license, high pressure steam.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Broad knowledge in boiler operation and troubleshooting. Ability to define complicated physical or technical relationships.