Booking Secretary - Operating Room - Per Diem
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Booking Secretary needed for front OR desk.
Per Diem Position
Schedule based on Department Needs
- Answering multiple telephone calls from physician's; patients; and staff.
- Receive telephone calls from multiple departments and must transfer calls accordingly.
- Data entry of daily OR charges; verification of charges; reconciliation of charges; other data entry into Excel spreadsheets.
- Calling patients the day before surgery to inform them of their arrival times; schedule meetings for Director and Clinical Leaders.
- Maintaining OR patient white board.
- Responsible for Director's schedule
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Previous medical secretary experience
- Strong computer experience preferred