Business Intelligence Developer
The Decision Services & Integration Team advances Steward’s mission of providing world class healthcare in the community by delivering relevant information to key stakeholders to drive improvements in care quality, operational effectiveness, and risk management. The Business Intelligence Developer creates reporting applications using data and analysis tools to meet customer needs.
- Collaborate with the lead architect and customers to define business requirements.
- Develop data, reports, and dashboards to meet business requirements.
- Provide estimates, project and deliverable status, and communicate to managers.
- Build and execute unit and integration test plans.
- Support agile processes for fluid delivery of data, information, and analyses to the customer.
- Troubleshoot BI tool problems and provide technical support as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Ability to synthesize business issues into technical solutions.
- Experience writing complex SQL.
- Knowledge of database design principles including integrity, normalization, and indexing.
- Knowledge of data warehousing.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a dynamic work environment.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to learn quickly, enjoys the challenge of learning.
- Comfortable working with abstraction, as in table-driven programming.
- Comfortable working in alternative ways, cares more about improvement than “fitting in”.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree; Computer Science, MIS or Mathematics are preferred majors.
- Experience (Type & Length): 3+ years relevant work experience as a business intelligence developer authoring transact-sql queries, stored procedures, and validating healthcare data for hospital, clinical, or regulatory needs.
- Certification/Licensure: None Required
- Software/Hardware: 3+ years with Microsoft SQL Server or other RDBMS systems. Minimum 1 year experience developing applications on the QlikSense or QlikView platform.
- Other: Skill with object-oriented programming, and Microsoft Excel will also be helpful.