Cafeteria Worker - Food Services - Full Time
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you
Responsible for effectively carrying out Cafeteria Aide responsibilities. Works cooperatively and collaboratively building a positive team spirit. Fosters interdisciplinary, collaborative relationships within the department and the organization. Makes timely and appropriate decisions in the face of conflicting demands and interests. Readily adapts to change and welcomes new approaches when circumstances demand it. Willingness to provide exceptional customer service.
Full Time 40 Hours Per Week
Shift: Days/ Evening
- Performs all designated duties of posted job flows in direct correlation of time sequence of job flows.
- Ensures that the quality of all food items is satisfactory according to Department/State Health Code Standards.
- Accurately follows all implemented temperature, portion control, and product rotation systems, as established by the food service department Implements time management practices in the daily operations of the cafeteria in relation to job flows.
- Performs courteous, friendly service to all customers of the cafeteria with emphasis on a "Teamwork" approach to service.
- Maintains an overall "Focus on Service", "Guest Satisfaction at Any Cost" attitude.
- Maintains Cafeteria sanitation in accordance with department standards, job flows, and State Health Codes.
- Assists in planning and implementing all cafeteria daily and promotional specials per department standards.
- Maintains an adequate "speed of service" pace in direct correlation with business volume, according to established department/industry standards.
- Actively takes a "proactive" approach to the organization of the cafeteria, to assure customers are served in a timely manner.
- Performs accurate duties relating to customer information (i.e. menus, pricing, quality assurance, specials) with emphasis on proper communication of such information, in coordination with department policies.
- High School diploma or equivalent
Please note, Holy Family hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any -19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity () employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 127538