Cancer Registrar Per Diem
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
TITLE: Cancer Registrar
Per Diem / Mon-Fri Days
Identifies, registers and maintains records of all cancer patients in support of the Cancer Program at Saint Anne’s Hospital. Analyzes registry data and disseminates information in accordance with regulatory requirements and in compliance with American College of Surgeons.
- Completion of well documented, accurate abstracts and reporting within required time frame as determined by American College of Surgeons (ACOS) and MA State Cancer Registry
- Researches and codes information for completion of abstracts
Collection of Data
- Analyzes data for quality control
- Maintains accurate and complete data management for all cancer diagnoses
- Generates reports and information for physicians and administrative use
- Performs data entry. Maintains working knowledge of registry systems
Patient Follow Up
- Exceeds the 80 percent follow up rate as determined by ACOS standard
- Maintains acceptable rate of follow up on all living patients in registry system
- Maintains complete and accurate data
- Coordinates and staffs cancer conferences and cancer committee meetings
- Participates in at least 1 screening or patient activity
- Participates in oncology education programs as required by regulatory agencies
- Performs other duties as assigned
Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
1.Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
2. Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to work independently
- Effective communications skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Education: Associates Degree or equivalent in health related field, i.e., Registry Certificate Program, Records Administrator and/or Accredited Record Technician
- Experience (Type & Length): One to three years cancer registry experience preferred
- Certification/Licensure: Required to obtain Tumor Registry Certification (CTR) within 3 years of hire.
- Software/Hardware: Mosaiq experience preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Important COVID message
Please note, Saint Anne’s Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.