Cardiac Cath Lab Tech - PDM - Davis Hospital
Davis Hospital and Medical Center is a 225-bed facility that opened in 1976 and has grown over the years to become a first-class medical facility. By offering a broad range of healthcare services, advanced medical technology and a comfortable, convenient patient experience, Davis has become the hospital of choice for its community. The hospital’s highly skilled doctors and experienced nurses keep a relentless focus on quality and constantly maintain their commitment to patient well-being and satisfaction.
Some of our area of expertise include: Emergency Services, Cardiac Care, Women’s Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Rehabilitation Services, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health.
Cath Lab Tech
Under the general direction of the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO), Department Director and Department Supervisor, the Cardiovascular Technician performs and reviews baseline patient assessments. Evaluates patient response to diagnostic or interventional maneuvers and medications during CCL procedures. Provides patient care pre, intra, and post procedure. Participates in time-out, and all aspects of procedure as suggested for patient safety by the joint Commission and other accrediting organization. Acts as the first assistant during diagnostic and therapeutic catheterization procedures. Maintains certification in basic and Advanced Cardiac Life Support as recommended by the American heart Association. Proficient in the use of emergency equipment. Operates and maintains all diagnostic and therapeutic equipment. Responsible to monitor and document all procedural activities. Other duties as assigned
- Two (2) years hospital experience required. Previous Cath lab experience preferred.
- Current Basic Life Support (CPR) American Red Cross or American Heart Association Healthcare Provider certification required upon hire.
- ACLS certification required within first ninety (90) days of hire.
- Current License as a Paramedic, Respiratory Therapist (RCP), Radiologic Technologist (RT) OR completion of minimum educational requirements for RCIS Certification eligibility, required.
- RCIS Certification highly preferred.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience in scrubbing, sterile technique and assisting physicians, highly preferred.
- Ability to take call up to 15 days a month.
Steward Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer Female/Minority/Disabled/Veteran
"Davis Hospital and Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff."
Steward Hospitals are taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled, and professional way.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 119100