Cardiac Cath Lab Tech
Up to $20,000.00 SIGN ON BONUS WITH 2-YEAR COMMITMENT, based on experience!!
At Sharon Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion, and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
The Cath Lab Tech participates with the holistic assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patient care.
- Assists the physician with diagnostic and interventional procedures in the cath lab and interventional radiology areas by providing advanced technical assistance performing in a sterile scrub role or circulating role.
- Safely operates laboratory equipment including radiology and ancillary equipment including but not limited to IVUS, Rotoblator, AngioJT, IABP. Demonstrates competency with Impella Pump.
- Uses critical thinking skills to problem-solve technical issues during diagnostic and interventional cases. Communicates actual or potential patent/family/physician/staff or departmental issues to department head or registered professional nurse in the area and provides documentation of events that occur.
- Accurately documents technical, clinical, and financial components as required in daily activities.
- Maintains a knowledge of equipment, treatment interventions and current trends in daily practice for the cardiology and interventional radiology services provided.
- Knowledge of interpretation of cardiac arrhythmias, anticipate and assist with interventions.
- Assists with patient preparation for or following procedures including but not limited to patient transport, cardiac monitoring, vital signs, skin prep, sheath removal and basic patient instructions.
- Responds appropriately to emergencies within the assigned work area including but not limited to CPR, ACLS and assisting the RN's and physicians.
- Actively participates in department specific and health system cost/quality improvement efforts including the cath lab/interventional supply inventory and ordering.
- Responds to emergent pages within the required timeframe. Actively participates in improvement efforts with meeting door to balloon times. Understands the importance of timely care in acute MI population.
- The above statements reflect the general duties and are not to be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment requirements, which includes but is not limited to a drug screen, physical, and background check(s).
- Registered Radiological Technician - ARRT
- High School Diploma / GED
- BS preferred
- BLS within 90 days of hire
- Clearances as required by Federal and State law
- ACLS within six months from hire
Important COVID message
Please note, Sharon Regional Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled, and professional way.