Cardiac Cath Tech- 40hrs/wk day shift
Cardiac Catheterization Technologist- Full-time 40hrs/wk, day shift, weekends and holidays required as needed, on call required.
We are fighting for a healthier world and a new era of wellness!
Nearly a decade ago, we set out to build an entirely different kind of health care company from the ground up—one that unlocks access to affordable, high-quality, and economically sustainable care and wellness in ways never imagined. Today, we are one of the largest private, physician-led health care networks—caring for millions of people across the U.S. Our transformative, fully integrated model represents a new beginning for America’s health care system and others around the world.
We have hospitals across 7 states serving over 800 communities, with more than 43,000 employees. We are ushering in a new day of world class health care. From renowned pediatricians, sports medicine specialists and cardiac surgeons to state-of-the-art hospitals, urgent care centers and medical practices, we can offer easier access to high-quality affordable health care to people nationwide — when they need it and where they want it.
St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center, a Boston University Teaching Hospital, provides patients and families access to some of Boston’s most respected physicians and advanced treatments offering specialized care, including:
- Advanced Center for Cardiac Surgery
- da Vinci® Robotic surgery program; Mako Robotic-Arm Assisted Surgery
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Award-winning bariatric surgery program
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center
- State-of-the-art emergency care with short wait times
Our medical staff, made up of some of the highest rated physicians in Boston, treats patients in our community practices in neighborhoods, including Allston, Boston, Brighton, Brookline, Newton, Watertown and Weston.
- Grow with a health system that supports career advancement
- Competitive Pay & Salary Increases
- Employee Referral Program
- Locations close to home, that support work-life balance
- Affordable Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401k via Fidelity, for eligible employees, with company match
- Tuition Assistance / Reimbursement
- Family atmosphere and team approach that provides flexibility
- Opportunities to grow your career, and not change your employer
- And much more!
Job Summary –
Under the direction of a Cardiologist, the Cardiac Catheterization Technologist performs functions related to hemodynamic and imaging, and ambulatory monitoring operation in the Cardiology department. This person performs those procedures at a level not requiring constant supervision.
- Graduate of an allied health or certificate program for Cardiovascular Technology or Radiologic Technology.
- Cardiac Cath Lab Technologist experience required.
- Pervious invasive labs experience required.
- Good judgment and problem solving skills
- Must be able to collaborate and effectively communicate with physicians, nurses and other health care professionals
- Effective communication, interpersonal and organization skills
- MA RT or RCIS License required. ACLS required, and BLS required.
- Performs all Cardiac Catheterizations Technologist's duties under the direction of the Chief
- Radiologic Technologist.
- Performs and records hemodynamic monitoring.
- Maintains proficiency through continuing education credits.
- Assists with the radiologic operations of the Cardiac Cath Lab.
- Performs quality control standard by using the optimum diagnostic imaging.
- Performs simple trouble-shooting for equipment.
- Requests service as needed.
- Completes the patient billing forms for the Cath Lab procedures(s).
- Performs the daily calibration and maintenance of the film processor with the use of sensitometric
- and densitometric equipment.
- Assists with the preparation of the cardiology patients having an invasive procedure.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Takes evening and week-end calls for emergency procedures in the Cardiac Catheterization
- This person shall be accountable for maintaining the confidentiality and security of all hospital-related, medical staff-related, and patient-related data and information.
- This person shall be accountable for abiding by all relevant hospital policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic