Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
- Performs echocardiograms of high quality on adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
- Obtains pertinent clinical information and documents such on appropriate forms and in computer for physician.
- Keeps equipment clean and in good working order. Assures an adequate amount of supplies are available.
- Coordinates scheduling of patients with office staff. Schedules to provide an efficient and expedient performance of testing.
- Accurately documents tests in computer system and log books.
- Enters charges appropriately per office protocol.
- Maintains echo storage system.
- Recognizes own learning needs and assumes responsibility for professional growth.
- Establishes and maintains a positive working relationship and rapport with cardiologists and office staff.
- Participates in QA, QI as needed.
Must be a graduate of an approved program in Echocardiography.
Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonography Certification required.