Cardiac Echo Tech
- Performs routine and transthoracic echocardiography (Echocardiograms, Stress Echocardiograms) and vascular ultrasound (Carotid ultrasound) obtaining of high quality on adult and geriatric patients (TTE – adult and geriatric only).
- Coordinates and submits information timely for reaccreditation.
- Under the supervision of Cardiology Medical Director of Echocardiography, performs IAC required Q/A @ appropriate intervals including medical staff as required.
- Coordinates with Medical Director, medical staff, and technical staff to ensure quality patient care.
- Maintain records of accumulated CME’s for all medical and technical staff.
- Properly identify and orient patient to the exam.
- Participates in recommendations and planning for service enhancements.
- Responsible for clinical proofreading and correcting of all ultrasound reports.
- Files and sends all STAT echocardiogram, stress echocardiogram and vascular reports to proper patient records and referring physicians according to protocol, when required.
- Obtains pertinent clinical information and documents such on appropriate forms for physician review.
- Keeps equipment clean and in good working order. Assures an adequate amount of supplie are available.
- Coordinates scheduling of patients with referring entities and outside physician practices.
- Schedules to provide an efficient and expedient performance of testing.
- Accurately documents tests in log book, appointment book, and computer scheduling system.
- Enter charges appropriately into hospital information system and documents recording physician according to established protocol.
- Maintain files and tape storage. Mails or faxes reports, as required.
- Recognizes own learning needs and assumes responsibility for professional growth.
- Establishes and maintains a positive working relationship and rapport with cardiologists.
- Application of ZIO Patch as well as Holter and event monitors as trained by supervising cardiologist
- Experience with IAC accreditation/reaccreditation and knowledge of IAC Standards.
- Must be a Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer and Registered Vascular Technologist through the A.R.D.M.S. in good standing.
- Current BLS certification.
- Ability to make technical decisions to obtain accurate information for diagnosis.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively and confidentially.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment including exposure to all patient elements.
- Ability to work collaboratively with physicians and medical director.
- Obtain insurance referrals
- Bachelor of Science is required as well as an Associate degree with a Cardiovascular Technologist certificate and registry certification. (ARDMS, RDC)
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience working as an Echo technician.
- A thorough understanding of cardiac anatomy, physiology, and hemodynamics
About Steward Health Care
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 118276