Cardiac Ultrasound ECHO
At Trumbull Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Responsible to Nursing Service for performing all facets of echocardiographic and vascular ultrasound procedures. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Intermediate personal computer skills including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, and work with graphics. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Completion of a college or technical training program in Echocardiography Technology required, completion of Vascular Technology program preferred or must be actively pursuing.
- Previous experience as a Cardiac Sonographer/Vascular Technologist preferred. After orientation, up to three months' experience on this job is required to perform essential functions and to handle emergency situations
- Certification in BLS by the American Heart Association required.
- Registry in both Echocardiac Sonography required and registry in Vascular Technology preferred or must be actively pursuing and completed within 12 months of employment if not currently registered.
- Provides diagnostic and/or therapeutic services to the patient based on physician orders.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Performs all duties on skills checklist related to echocardiographic and vascular diagnostic studies.
- Demonstrates professional behavior.
- Prepares and performs technical non-invasive procedures or studies.
- Operates Equipment Safely.
- Processes information in the appropriate areas.
- Performs procedures in an organized and efficient manner.
- Provides quality patient care
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Important COVID message
Please note, Trumbull Regional Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled, and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.