Cardiovascular Certified Surgical Tech-Operating Room-36 Hrs/Week-Day Shift
$5,000 Sign-on Bonus*
St. Elizabeth's Medical Center, located in Brighton, MA is seeking experienced OR Surgical Techs
Come join the Perioperative Team at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center, where we strive to serve the needs of our communities by delivering the highest quality care with compassion and respect. St. Elizabeth's Medical Center is home to some of top surgeons in the country, supported by a cohesive multi-disciplinary team, featuring:
- 13 operating rooms
- Thousands of surgeries performed each year across all service lines
- One of the lowest rates of surgical complications in the nation
- Nationally recognized in 2015 by CareChex as one of the top 10 percent of hospitals in the nation for surgical excellence
Our top ranked cardiac surgeons perform some of the region's most state-of-the-art cardiac surgery procedures, offering advanced treatment options ranging from the most complex cardiac surgeries to robotic assisted procedures.
Leapfrog ranked St. Elizabeth's number one in Boston for heart bypass surgery (surgical quality and cost) and heart attack (care quality and cost). St. Elizabeth's Steward Center for Advanced Cardiac Surgery holds a number of quality distinctions and awards, scoring competitively with surrounding Boston hospitals for quality measures in overall recommended care, overall heart attack care, overall heart failure care, and overall surgical care.
The Cardiac Surgical Technician (CVOR Tech) is an essential member of the Cardiac Surgical Team; a trained professional who possesses extraordinary technical skills as it relates to supporting Cardiac surgery. The role of the CVOR Tech encompasses technical skills of scrubbing, assisting the Perioperative Team with activities within the operating room, clinical knowledge of Cardiac Surgical procedures, clinical teaching skills, continuous quality improvement and a variety of OR-related duties (including pre, intra and post). The CVOR Surgical Tech supports the surgeon by maintaining the sterile field, ensuring appropriate selection and preparation of instrumentation/disposable supplies and equipment necessary for each surgical procedure. The ability to think critically and anticipate surgeon's needs is essential.
Education: Associates Degree preferred.
- ARC/STSA-Accredited Surgical Technology Program; or NBSTSA- Certification is conferred by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting
- Must have a minimum of one year scrubbing in cardiac surgery
- 1-2 years of experience working as a Cardiac Surgery Technician in a tertiary or quaternary Hospital.
- Experience working in both operating room and PV lab and/or hybrid operating room.
- On Call requirement to include 24/7 coverage of weekdays, weekends and holidays
- 8 hour/10 hour shifts available
Just as we take care to provide the best health care experience for our patients; Steward Health Care is committed to providing our employees a comprehensive and competitive benefits program, including, but not limited to:
- Great medical and wellness benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with matching options
- Paid Time Off
*Bonuses to be paid out in two installments at 6 months and 12 months. Some exclusions apply, ask you recruiter for more information. This is a 2019 program.
Job Reference #: I53944