Care Coordinator Assistant
The Care Coordinator Assistant is responsible for care coordination for members who require a comprehensive approach to immediate and/or ongoing care of their complicated and/or catastrophic medical illness. The Care Coordinator Assistant receives direction from the Care Coordinator as to their specific job duties daily. They document interactions with and on behalf of the member throughout service delivery including, but not limited to: care plans, progress notes, correspondences, and authorizations.
- High School Graduate or equivalent education.
- Two years of vocational training, medical office experience or relevant work experience required.
- Identify patients who have had a recent transition of care and assist with follow up and discharge and/or further access to care needs.
- Contacts patients to make follow-up appointments for Wellness visits and other follow-up care. Manages other lists of patients that need to be contacted for visits within the clinics.
- Document the various quality measures (HEDIS, CQMs, Core Measures, etc.) that are missing for that patient’s medical condition or age at the direction of the Care Coordinator.
- Provide supportive services to patients when scheduling appointments and transportation.
- Consult Case and/or Disease Manager with the payer if the patient is in need of ongoing care coordination, at the direction of the primary care provider.
- Help ensure that gaps in care, service and data collection are addressed.
- Maintains professional and appropriate communication and behavior with patients, co-workers, physicians, and vendors.
- Maintains HIPAA confidentiality.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to apply analytical and problem-solving skills.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group offers a comprehensive benefits package, with multiple options to fit your needs.
- Health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- No deductibles apply to services provided by a Steward provider
- Office visit copays are $0 when a member uses a Steward provider
- Mental health and substance abuse visits have a $0 copay for all in-network providers
- Flex spending
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-term disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Tuition Reimbursement