Case Manager RN Ex, Case Management, Full time, Flex Shift
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Performs Case Management activities to assure medical necessity of admissions and appropriateness of continued stay utilizing the Interqual Criteria guidelines. Monitors the utilization of resources of all patients reviewed. Maintains confidential communication with physicians and multi-disciplinary personnel to meet individual needs or the patients served. Functions as an independent contributor as well as a team member.
Position Qualification: (Training, Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities)
- Communication is an essential skill requiring the ability to see, hear, and speak.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Must be able to fulfill the essential functions of the position.
- Possess three or more years of acute care hospital experience preferred.
- Familiar with the operations of the healthcare industry and healthcare delivery systems.
- Able to use the medical record in order to obtain clinical information to perform Interqual reviews.
- Utilize Outlook, and the computer based systems (AllScripts) to perform reviews.
- Work experience in Medical-Surgical, Telemetry, Critical Care, and/or Pediatrics, NICU preferred.
- Current Florida RN Licensure.
- Must possess a solid clinical background to accomplish extensive Medical Record review.
- Computer skills preferred
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 119558