ED Case Manager RN - Full Time, Day & Afternoon Shifts including weekends
Responsible to Trumbull Regional Medical Center for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to Case Management for coordination, facilitation, communication, monitoring and feedback activities of patient care. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Coordinates various aspects of patient care within the Emergency Department.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the discharge planning process.
- Understands issues related to utilization review and revenue cycle and works to provide the necessary information in the process of care coordination.
- Provide timely required documentation.
- Oversees and monitors progress of “focused” cases in observation and intercedes in problematic cases.
- Communicates frequently with physician advisor, inpatient care coordinators, utilization review and social workers.
- Demonstrates knowledge of performance improvement.
- Serves as educational resource and maintains current knowledge.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Associate degree or diploma in nursing from a college or technical required. Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred. Requires up to five years’ experience on this or related jobs in a hospital or healthcare facility to develop the judgment necessary to make appropriate decisions and to handle emergency situations.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION
Current Ohio license as a registered nurse by the Ohio Board of Nursing required. Certification in case management strongly preferred.