Case Manager RN - Per Diem
At Trumbull Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
Associate degree or diploma in nursing from a college or technical required.
Current Ohio license as a registered nurse by the Ohio Board of Nursing required
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred.
Certification in case management strongly preferred.
Requires up to five years’ experience on this or related jobs in a hospital or healthcare facility to develop the judgment necessary to make appropriate decisions and to handle emergency situations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Coordinates clinical care services to ensure consistent standards of care and appropriate use of resources; and to prevent unnecessary delays
- Facilitates psychosocial care coordination to ensure timely identification and resolution of psychosocial issues impacting patient throughput
- Effectively manages resource utilization to ensure efficiency and appropriate reimbursement.
- Proactively initiates discharge planning to facilitate timely patient transition to the next level of care
- Collaborates with medical staff members to promote complete and accurate physician documentation in the medical record
- Integrates clinical, financial, ethical, compliance, and other variables in complex decision making.
- Actively participates in projects designed to reduce costs, capture lost revenue, or enhance efficiency.
- Educates medical staff and others regarding documentation, medical necessity, available resources, and reimbursement issues.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of current reimbursement methods and regulations pertinent to case management practice.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
Important COVID message
Please note, Trumbull Regional Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.