Case Manager RN
At Sharon Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion, and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit.
Summary: The Case Manager is accountable for coordinating care delivery for an identified caseload of patients in collaboration with medical staff and other members of the interdisciplinary care team. Major goals of the Case Manger include clinical quality enhancement, appropriate length of stay and resource utilization, continuity of care, quality documentation and customer satisfaction.
- Case Management reviews: assesses each patient within identified caseload within one to two working days of admission including clinical, functional, developmental, psychosocial, and financial status
- Discharge Planning: Develops, implements, and revises case management plans for each patient targeting optimal cost/quality outcomes for each episode of care
- Applying InterQual criteria: familiar with InterQual criteria and appropriately applies to each case and determines level of care. Follow-up assessment for criteria is done within 48 hours via a continued stay review. Identifies variances from the Case Management plan and intervenes timely to correct the variance and/or prevent further delays.
- Interdisciplinary Collaboration: Collaborates with physicians and other members of the interdisciplinary care team in evaluating patient process against the case management plan.
- Case Management education: maintains an awareness of regulatory standards and local, regional, and national trends in patient care and reimbursement and integrates this knowledge into Case Management
- Appeals: Can complete an appeal for securing appropriate reimbursement for services provided by communication clinical information and discharge plans to payer within the established timeframe set up by the payer.
- Initiative: Able to individually resolve issues with minimal assistance
- Hand off communication: able to give aa thorough hand off to peer with goal of efficient throughput of patient
- Demonstrates professional behaviors
The above statements reflect the general duties and are not to be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments
- Registered Nurse (PA License)
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Clearances as required by state and federal guidelines
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick time
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement based on medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
Please note, our Sharon Regional Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled, and professional way.