Case Manager RN
Case Manager RN – Trumbull Regional Medical Center
We are fighting for a healthier world and a new era of wellness!
Nearly a decade ago, we set out to build an entirely different kind of health care company from the ground up—one that unlocks access to affordable, high-quality, and economically sustainable care and wellness in ways never imagined. Today, we are one of the largest private, physician-led health care networks—caring for millions of people across the U.S. Our transformative, fully integrated model represents a new beginning for America’s health care system and others around the world.
We have hospitals across 7 states serving over 800 communities, with more than 43,000 employees. We are ushering in a new day of world class health care. From renowned pediatricians, sports medicine specialists and cardiac surgeons to state-of-the-art hospitals, urgent care centers and medical practices, we can offer easier access to high-quality affordable health care to people nationwide — when they need it and where they want it.
At Trumbull Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
- Grow with a health system that supports career advancement
- Competitive Pay & Salary Increases
- Employee Referral Program
- Locations close to home, that support work-life balance
- Affordable Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage*
- 401k via Fidelity, for eligible employees*
- Tuition Assistance / Reimbursement*
- Family atmosphere and team approach that provides flexibility
- Opportunities to grow your career, and not change your employer
- And much more!
*For eligible employees
Responsible to Trumbull Regional Medical Center for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to Case Management at TMH to utilize an interdisciplinary approach to managing patient throughput in a fiscally responsible manner to achieve optimal outcomes. The Case Manager applies knowledge of the expected clinical trajectory, available resources, and relevant standards of care in anticipating patient needs and coordinating the plan of care. Efficient utilization of health care resources and timely transition to the next appropriate level of care are a priority. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
- Associate degree or diploma in nursing from a college or technical school required.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing strongly preferred. Requires up to five years’ experience on this or related jobs in a hospital or healthcare facility to develop the judgment necessary to make appropriate decisions and to handle emergency situations.
- Current Ohio license as a registered nurse by the Board of Nursing required.
- Certification in case management strongly preferred.
Job Responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
- Coordinates clinical care services to ensure consistent standards of care and appropriate use of resources; and to prevent unnecessary delays
- Facilitates psychosocial care coordination to ensure timely identification and resolution of psychosocial issues impacting patient throughput
- Effectively manages resource utilization to ensure efficiency and appropriate reimbursement.
- Proactively initiates discharge planning to facilitate timely patient transition to the next level of care
- Collaborates with medical staff members to promote complete and accurate physician documentation in the medical record
- Integrates clinical, financial, ethical, compliance, and other variables in complex decision making.
- Actively participates in projects designed to reduce costs, capture lost revenue, or enhance efficiency.
- Educates medical staff and others regarding documentation, medical necessity, available resources, and reimbursement issues.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of current reimbursement methods and regulations pertinent to case management practice.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 128275