Location: Steward Health Care
Posted Date: 11/14/2020
- Serves as Notary Public for the Central Business Office.
- Records and Reports Issues to be addressed by Building Management.
- Provides administrative support to the CBO Director, as well as other leadership.
- Plans and coordinates meetings to include scheduling of conference rooms, coordination of conference calls and WebEx meetings, online training sessions, agendas and any other items necessary.
- Manages and maintains CBO Director’s schedule.
- Works with leadership to schedule meetings with payers, CFOs, corporate leadership, etc.
- Opens, sorts, and distributes incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
- Prepares responses to routine inquiries.
- Performs clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings.
- Retrieves and files corporate documents, records, and reports.
- Attends various meetings and keeps/distributes minutes.
- Creates and prepares documents/forms using word processing programs.
- Prepares Medicaid/Medicare bad debt reports (crossovers) and provides for the corporate cost reporting for the Utah Market.
- Reviews the reports with corporate staff and makes any adjustments necessary.
- Researches whether questionable accounts are includable.
- Maintains Medicare bad debt logs.
- Works with Facility CFOs to obtain and return bad debt log information.
- Answers questions and resolves issues from the CFOs.
- Prepares Medicaid crossover adjustments for each facility.
- Organizes and files the reports, adjusting entries, etc. for future reference.
Central Business Office and Certain Facility Invoices
- Verifies the invoice is bona fide and not a duplicate invoice.
- Confirms the amount billed is correct.
- Codes invoice.
- Gets approval from proper authority.
- As appropriate, sends invoices to facilities in a timely manner for a second review and payment.
- Resolves issues with vendor such as timeliness of billing, inappropriate charges, etc.
- Maintains original invoices for future reference.
Collection Agency Invoices
- Checks invoices to make sure patient accounts are not being pursued by more than one agency.
- Compare agency’s report with STAR database for accurate posting of payments.
- Works with agency staff to resolve issues.
New Employee Orientation
- Meet all new employees to complete new hire packet for HR.
- Review Benefits package, PTO, Security Agreements, CBO Handbook and any other information to help new employees understand policies and feel comfortable.
- Scan and email all new hire forms to HR.
- Give access request forms to building management for card entry, and deactivate cards when necessary.
- Monitors and maintains an inventory of office supplies and orders weekly.
- Orders supplies for CBO Break Room.