Central Scheduler - Central Scheduling - Full Time
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you
Shift Details- 40 hours Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm
Receives and processes multiple and successive incoming phone calls according to hospital policy. Is able to differentiate between routine and emergent calls, taking appropriate action. Properly transfers Calls and can perform all tasks as per telephone competency and Automated Call Distribution system. Completely documents all patient information.
- Demonstrate skill and knowledge regarding all aspects of ACD system.
- Maintains updated physician listing, including address, telephone, physician office contact names and fax numbers.
- Obtains and maintains dated physician referral, order and ABN file/ reviews with Financial Counselor and forwards all to pre-registration on or prior to patient’s date of service.
- Maintains collaborative relationship with Financial Counselor suggesting procedure and policy enhancements to provide better service to our patients and enhanced reimbursement.
- Assists Scheduling Leader regularly review schedules (all areas) for any discrepancies related to spelling, diagnosis, and proper sequencing in clinical order.
- Maintains awareness of all ancillary departmental requirements and procedures. Keeps Scheduling Leader and Manager aware of any changes in protocol.
- Keeps Financial Counselor aware of any changes in a timely manner assuring payment of services.
- Assists Leader in the training of staff, the communication of any changes in protocol and assists with the documentation/updating of resources as necessary.
- Treats every caller with respect and courtesy. Provides support and reassurance to patients. Answers patients' questions as appropriate, demonstrating compassion and caring, with respect to the patients' dignity and privacy. Seeks assistance from Scheduling Leader and Manager as necessary.
- Always maintains work area in a neat and orderly manner.
- Accurately schedules in MediTech CWS module all Ultrasound, CT, Nuclear Medicine and Diagnostic Radiology, Stress, Echo, Pulmonary, EEG, EKG, Blood Bank, Cardiac Rehab, Nutrition & Medical Clinics, Physical Therapy and Breast Care Center exams, treatments, and visits, documenting all required information, including Iactrics, Medical Necessity screening, when applicable, in a timely accurate manner.
- Effectively communicates all appointment changes (i.e., cancellations, etc) to affected modalities and/or patients.
- Communicates all changes to Leader as necessary.
- Demonstrates ability to manage projects as assigned by Scheduling Manager, both short and long range.
- Routinely reports equipment malfunctions/repairs as soon as possible to Scheduling Leader.
- High School Diploma required or equivalent.
- Associates Degree in a business or medical field strongly desired.
- One to two years’ experience in a health care environment.
- Knowledge and /or insurance background preferred.
- Typing speed 50-60 WPM, knowledge of medical terminology and excellent written, verbal, communication skills and customer service skills required.
- Excellent telephone skills required.
Important COVID message
Please note, Holy Family hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 124058