Central Scheduler, FT 40 hours Days
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you
Shift: Monday- Friday 8:30-5pm
Receives and processes multiple and successive incoming phone calls according to hospital policy. Is able to differentiate between routine and emergent calls, taking appropriate action. Properly transfers Calls and can perform all tasks as per telephone competency and Automated Call Distribution system. Completely documents all patient information.
- Demonstrate skill and knowledge regarding all aspects of ACD system.
- Maintains updated physician listing, including address, telephone, physician office contact names and fax numbers.
- Obtains and maintains dated physician referral, order and ABN file/ reviews with Financial Counselor and forwards all to pre-registration on or prior to patient’s date of service.
- Maintains collaborative relationship with Financial Counselor suggesting procedure and policy enhancements to provide better service to our patients and enhanced reimbursement.
- Assists Scheduling Leader regularly review schedules (all areas) for any discrepancies related to spelling, diagnosis, and proper sequencing in clinical order.
- Maintains awareness of all ancillary departmental requirements and procedures. Keeps Scheduling Leader and Manager aware of any changes in protocol.
- Keeps Financial Counselor aware of any changes in a timely manner assuring payment of services.
- Assists Leader in the training of staff, the communication of any changes in protocol and assists with the documentation/updating of resources as necessary.
- Treats every caller with respect and courtesy. Provides support and reassurance to patients. Answers patients' questions as appropriate, demonstrating compassion and caring, with respect to the patients' dignity and privacy. Seeks assistance from Scheduling Leader and Manager as necessary.
- Always maintains work area in a neat and orderly manner.
- Accurately schedules in MediTech CWS module all Ultrasound, CT, Nuclear Medicine and Diagnostic Radiology, Stress, Echo, Pulmonary, EEG, EKG, Blood Bank, Cardiac Rehab, Nutrition & Medical Clinics, Physical Therapy and Breast Care Center exams, treatments, and visits, documenting all required information, including Iactrics, Medical Necessity screening, when applicable, in a timely accurate manner.
- Effectively communicates all appointment changes (i.e., cancellations, etc) to affected modalities and/or patients.
- Communicates all changes to Leader as necessary.
- Demonstrates ability to manage projects as assigned by Scheduling Manager, both short and long range.
- Routinely reports equipment malfunctions/repairs as soon as possible to Scheduling Leader.
- High School Diploma required or equivalent.
- Associates Degree in a business or medical field strongly desired.
- One to two years’ experience in a health care environment.
- Knowledge and /or insurance background preferred.
- Typing speed 50-60 WPM, knowledge of medical terminology and excellent written, verbal, communication skills and customer service skills required.
- Excellent telephone skills required.
Please note, Holy Family hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any -19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity () employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 126130