At Trumbull Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Primary function is to be the liaison for out-patient diagnostic testing. Physician offices will call in requested test and the concierge will complete the request in a timely, courteous manner. To include schedule, perform insurance verification, authorization (if applicable), pre-registration and point of service collections of the patient.
- High school graduate or GED.
- Minimum of 3 years of hospital/medical office experience required.
- A good understanding of medical terminology required.
- Knowledge of computers and other standard office equipment required.
- Minimum of 2 years customer service required.
- Ability to type a minimum of 35 words per minute required.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Observe professional ethics in maintaining confidential information acquired concerning personal, financial, medical or employment status of patients.
- Communicate in an acceptable, easily understood manner.
- Schedules patients for procedures and treatments.
- Understand all preps for any procedures or surgeries and communicate preps to physician offices and or patient at time of scheduling.
- Schedule procedures via fax script orders, electronic and includes indexing through SCI Order facilitator.
- Registers/Pre-registers patients for hospital services.
- Responsible to verify insurance eligibility, including requirements and ensuring pre-authorizations are obtained by contacting physician’s offices or review agencies to obtain or ensure the pre-authorization/referrals are in place.
- Performs Medical Necessity validation when applicable
- Schedule patients accurately with less than a 2% error rate.
- Notify case management when an inpatient examination is ordered that is not stat and can be done on an outpatient basis.
- Notify physician if surgical procedure ordered meets inpatient only criteria if scheduled as an outpatient.
- Perform Point-of-service collection. To collect patient responsibilities over the phone prior to their scheduled appointment.
- Requests pertinent documentation, laboratory results and/or orders from physicians based on the test or treatment ordered.
- Make copies of all registration forms and forwards to Outpatient registration.
- Copy schedule and distribute to appropriate departments at end of day.
- Monitor schedules for open time slots and solicit procedures from physician offices to fill empty time slots.
- Compile monthly statistics for procedures scheduled during the month by the 3rd of the following month.
- Refer all outpatient’s self pays to the financial counselor for appropriate action.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
Important COVID message
Please note, Trumbull Regional Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.