Central Service Tech Per Diem
This Job is located at the Saint Anne’s Hospital Southern New England Surgery Center – SNESC, in Attleboro MA.
A service of Saint Anne’s Hospital in Fall River, the center provides high-quality surgical care and a wide variety of minimally invasive surgical options in specialties that include colorectal surgery, gastroenterology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pain management, plastic surgery, podiatry, spine surgery, and urology. Our state-of-the-art anesthesia care reduces patients’ post-surgical pain and discomfort and speeds recovery. Together, our team is committed to providing superior, personalized patient care.
The center features a team of more than 40 board-certified surgeons, plus anesthesiologists, registered nurses and surgical technicians. Together, they perform more than 9,000 surgical procedures annually. Some of the most common procedures include endoscopies (e.g., colonoscopy), orthopedic procedures (e.g., arthroscopy), minimally invasive spine surgery, hernia repair, ankle and foot procedures, and a variety of biopsies (e.g., bone, bladder, colon, muscle, prostate, etc.).
Central Service Tech Per Diem
POSITION SUMMARY: The central service technician is responsible for performing a range of support activities that contribute to the overall efficiency of the perioperative, PACU, and CSD areas. Work involves inventorying, disassembling, cleaning, high level disinfection, reassembling, and maintaining the operating room equipment.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
1. Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
2. Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
- Processes all instruments and equipment for the operating room according to manufacturers recommendations
- Updates and maintains IFU’s related to operating room equipment and instrumentation
- High level disinfection
- Performs documentation and maintains logs related to sterilization including temperature and humidity logs, eye wash log, and instrument/equipment repair log
- Coordinating vendor loaner trays
Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Knowledge of aseptic technique, infection control principles, sterilization techniques, equipment and supply processing, and operation of steam sterilizers.
- Ability to prioritize equipment needs of the operating room
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of Spaulding Classification
- Knowledge of AORN Standards and Recommended Practices
Knowledge of AAMI Guidelines
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience (Type & Length): 1 – 5 years preferred
- Certification/Licensure: CRCST preferred
- Software/Hardware: Meditech, Provation