Central Service Tech
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Central Service Technician
POSITION SUMMARY: The central service technician is responsible for performing a range of support activities that contribute to the overall efficiency of the perioperative, PACU, and CSD areas. Work involves inventorying, disassembling, cleaning, high level disinfection, reassembling, and maintaining the operating room equipment.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
1. Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
2. Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
- Processes all instruments and equipment for the operating room according to manufacturers recommendations
- Updates and maintains IFU’s related to operating room equipment and instrumentation
- High level disinfection
- Performs documentation and maintains logs related to sterilization including temperature and humidity logs, eye wash log, and instrument/equipment repair log
- Coordinating vendor loaner trays
Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Knowledge of aseptic technique, infection control principles, sterilization techniques, equipment and supply processing, and operation of steam sterilizers.
- Ability to prioritize equipment needs of the operating room
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of Spaulding Classification
- Knowledge of AORN Standards and Recommended Practices
Knowledge of AAMI Guidelines
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience (Type & Length): 1 – 5 years preferred
- Certification/Licensure: CRCST preferred
- Software/Hardware: Meditech, Provation
Equal Opportunity Employer
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Important COVID message
Please note, Saint Anne’s Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.