Central Service Tech
Central Service Technician
POSITION SUMMARY: The central service technician is responsible for performing a range of support activities that contribute to the overall efficiency of the perioperative, PACU, and CSD areas. Work involves inventorying, disassembling, cleaning, high level disinfection, reassembling, and maintaining the operating room equipment.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
1. Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
2. Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
- Processes all instruments and equipment for the operating room according to manufacturers recommendations
- Updates and maintains IFU’s related to operating room equipment and instrumentation
- High level disinfection
- Performs documentation and maintains logs related to sterilization including temperature and humidity logs, eye wash log, and instrument/equipment repair log
- Coordinating vendor loaner trays
Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Knowledge of aseptic technique, infection control principles, sterilization techniques, equipment and supply processing, and operation of steam sterilizers.
- Ability to prioritize equipment needs of the operating room
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of Spaulding Classification
- Knowledge of AORN Standards and Recommended Practices
Knowledge of AAMI Guidelines
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience (Type & Length): 1 – 5 years preferred
- Certification/Licensure: CRCST preferred
- Software/Hardware: Meditech, Provation
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 124152