Central Supply Clerk
At Sharon Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion, and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid Driver’s license
- Forklift Certified (preferred)
- Basic computer skills
- Clearances as required by law.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES:
- Effectively cleans and disinfects all work areas.
- Accurately orders supplies, both warehouse and direct purchase supplies through Pathways Material Management. Uses handheld devices for par level restocking on the nursing units.
- Accurately checks, unloads, tags, and restocks delivered supplies, making sure stock is correctly located, properly rotated, and identified.
- Appropriately collects and transports contaminated instruments and equipment from patient care areas to the decontamination area according to departmental policy and procedure.
- Effectively performs cleaning and decontamination of soiled instruments and equipment according to departmental policy and procedure.
- Effectively completes the proper inspection, preparation, and packaging of trays and instruments for sterilization in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications and department policies and procedures.
- Accurately distinguishes the proper sterilization method for supplies and instrumentation in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications and departmental policies and procedures.
- Appropriately and safely operates the ETO sterilizer, aerator, and steam autoclaves; includes monitoring sterilization quality control with physical, biological, and chemical indicators in the sterilization cycles.
- Works cooperatively with Pharmacy to re-stock and deliver adult and pediatric crash carts to patient care areas.
- Adheres to hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Important COVID message
Please note, Sharon Regional Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled, and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.