Central Supply Technician, REQ 27746. PT 24 hrs 8am-430p,
Location: Holy Family Hospital
Posted Date: 6/9/2020
This position is covered by the SEIU Collective Bargaining Agreement
Job Summary: The Central Supply Technician is responsible for the decontamination, cleaning, processing and sterilization of supplies and equipment dispensed by the department following established infection control practices.
- Thorough knowledge of medical terminology and nomenclature of items and equipment used by the department.
- Knowledgeable with cleaning and sterilization procedures and techniques.
- Conscientious regard for technical and minute procedures.
- Basic understanding of various functions of the department.
- Must be conscientious with regard to procedures and capable of working under pressure and interacting professionally with other departments within the hospital.
- Must also be able to accept new ideas and learn position duties.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
Graduate of high school or equivalent.
Minimum of one year experience as Central Sterile Technician.
Basic computer knowledge.