Centralized Scheduler, Full-Time Days
Performs a wide variety of duties including clinical, technical and clerical support for the Centralized Scheduling Department. Primary duty is coordinating the scheduling of exams to provide excellent customer service while insuring optimal hospital reimbursement.
Reports to Admitting Manager/ Director of Admitting/Registration
1. An Associate’s Degree in Health Care or a related field is preferred.
2. Knowledge of insurances, preauthorization’s, Medical Terminology and ICD-9 coding helpful.
3. Customer service skills, organization skills and medical background required.
A. Involves other departments in project planning and implementation.
B. Supports others in the department and provides help and assistance when possible.
C. Regularly attends and participates in team and/or departmental meetings and activities.
D. Keeps others in the department informed of relevant information.
E. Regularly offers and requests constructive feedback and coaching.
F. Establishes and maintains effective working relations.
SERVICE EXCELLENCE (both internal and external)
A. Welcomes patients/customers/employees in a warm, friendly manner.
B. Actively listens and constructively responds to questions and concerns in a timely manner.
C. Ensures that the dignity of the patient/customer/employee is maintained at all times.
D. Abides by and upholds the hospital’s service excellence standards.
E. Respects the diversity of the patient/customer/employee population.
F. Demonstrates safe and effective use of equipment.
1. Obtain accurate and complete insurance, clinical and demographic information from physician offices and patients to schedule appointments.
2. Accurately enter all insurance, clinical and demographic information into the Hospital computer system.
3. Assess diagnosis and medical necessity to determine appropriateness of exam.
4. Uses Iatric Medical Necessity Software as appropriate.
5. Ensures exam pre-authorization /referral is obtained to optimize reimbursement.
6. Notifies patient of exam date, time and appropriate instructions.
7. Requests, reminds and coordinates transfer of signed physician’s order to appropriate departments or Medical Records.
8. Responsible for accurate exam scheduling in accordance with all ancillary department standards.
9. Determine if over bookings are appropriate and coordinate with ancillary department Supervisor.
10. Assist in Pre-registration process.
11. Indicate any special need that the patient may have.
12. Promote a positive image of Norwood Hospital through contacts with patients, physicians and the public.
13. Performs other duties as required for Admitting Manager/Director of Admitting.
14. Demonstrates knowledge of Hospital policies, including Safety, Environmental, Disaster and Infection Control policies and procedures.