Certifed Medical Assistant -Full-Time
Medical Assistant – Northside Health Diagnostic Center
We are fighting for a healthier world and a new era of wellness!
Nearly a decade ago, we set out to build an entirely different kind of health care company from the ground up—one that unlocks access to affordable, high-quality, and economically sustainable care and wellness in ways never imagined. Today, we are one of the largest private, physician-led health care networks—caring for millions of people across the U.S. Our transformative, fully integrated model represents a new beginning for America’s health care system and others around the world.
We have hospitals across 7 states serving over 800 communities, with more than 43,000 employees. We are ushering in a new day of world-class health care. From renowned pediatricians, sports medicine specialists and cardiac surgeons to state-of-the-art hospitals, urgent care centers and medical practices, we can offer easier access to high-quality affordable health care to people nationwide — when they need it and where they want it.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
- Grow with a health system that supports career advancement
- Competitive Pay & Salary Increases
- Employee Referral Program
- Locations close to home, that support work-life balance
- Affordable Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401k via Fidelity, for eligible employees, with company match
- Tuition Assistance / Reimbursement
- Family atmosphere and team approach that provides flexibility
- Opportunities to grow your career, and not change your employer
- And much more!
We are currently seeking a Medical Assistant for our Urgent Care at Northside Health Diagnostic Center. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, and timely service. Responsible for preparing patients for office visits and performing clinical duties including physician assistance, laboratory tests, and clinical tests.
- High school graduate or GED
- Completion of post high school technical or vocational training program in medical assisting preferred or a comparable amount of education and experience
- Requires one year’s experience on this or related jobs in a hospital or healthcare facility. Two or more years’ experience preferred.
- Certification for Medical Assistant by the State of Ohio Required.
Job Responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
- Greets patients. Assists physician with procedures.
- Maintains adequate supplies. Notifies physician of emergencies, abnormal vital signs or other significant problems. Performs patient callbacks as delegated and follows up on patient compliance. Performs all skills on medical assistant checklist, including venipuncture.
- Enters patient demographic data in-patient billing software. Answers phone and schedules patient appointments. Enters patient charges in billing system and collects payments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 127100